MAPS Canada furthers its mission by:
- Providing evidence-based, honest public education about the risks and benefits of psychedelics.
- Supporting scientific research into many aspects of psychedelics including treatments for medical conditions, neuroscience, creativity and spirituality.
- Planning, conducting, and publishing scientific research of psychedelic medicines.
- Developing psychedelics into prescription medicines.
- Training psychedelic psychotherapists and working to establish a network of treatment centers that can provide this service in the context of professional best practices.