For the Defined Volunteer Roles below, a background experience in the relevant area is preferred. If you have any questions about these positions, don’t hesitate to ask!
1.) Content Translator
• Help to translate our materials into other languages (we have translators for French so are looking for other languages)
• Commitment: 1-2 hours per week
• Our YouTube Team could use a hand with helping us to animate projects
2.) Content Creator (YouTube)
• We would love help on our YouTube Team to help create original YouTube content and to assist with organizing existing content.
3.) Senior Graphic Designer
• To help guide the digital design direction of our upcoming virtual events and marketing efforts
• See role outline here
4.) UX/UI Designer
• To help guide the digital direction of our website as well as to measure and optimize our virtual presence to improve ease of use and create the best user experience
1.) Webinar Tech Admin
• Help to assist on the backend with our Webinar Series. Being a liaison with the speakers and helping to troubleshoot tech.
• Commitment: 2 hours per week
2.) WordPress Admin
• Help to maintain and build our WordPress site (this website).
1.) Facebook/Instagram Ad Developer
• Help to create online advertisement campaigns for use across Facebook and Instagram.
• Commitment: 3-4 hours per week
1.) Shopify Store Maintenance
• We are in the process of creating a Shopify store and could use some assistance with development and maintenance.
• We are also looking for volunteers who would like to assist with the community aspect of the store we would like to develop. That includes accepting submissions from artists in our community and serving as artistic director for the store
• Commitment: 2-3 hours per week
Frequently asked questions regarding volunteer oppurtunities
Yes absolutely! Although most of our volunteers are based in Vancouver or Toronto, most of our volunteer opportunities are remote
We are also in the process of initiating MAPS Canada support groups across Canada and are always looking to connect volunteers with each other.
In early 2020 we launched our first official MAPS Canada Support Group in Toronto.
Although volunteer opportunities across the board are still remote, there is a strong Toronto presence in our community and Irie and Darren lead the Toronto Support Group.
You can be a part of as many committees as you are able to commit to
Unfortunately at this time we do not offer these